BBQ Baked Beans
8 Hours 30 mins
- 1 Pound Dry Northern Beans
- 1/2 Cup SWEEETHEAT Spicy Homey Honey BBQ sauce
- 3/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Mustard
- 1/2 Cup Diced Sweet Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 Cups Water
Step by Step Instructions
To cut down on cooking time I soak my beans, according to package directions, a minimum of 6 hours to overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large pot add beans covered in 4 cups of water.
Heat a medium pan heat, with oil. Add chopped onions and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender.
In separate bowl add bbq sauce, onions, brown sugar, paprika, ground mustard and salt.
Pour mixture over beans and stir to evenly distribute.
Place in oven and bake for 2 hours. Beans are finished when they begin to darken and are soft to the touch.
Top with a splash of reduced balsamic vinegar for an extra boost!