Father’s Day isn’t complete without a special meal made for a king! If you’re looking for an epic and flavorful dish that features some of Dad’s favorite ingredients, then look no further! This Barbeque Braised Beef Short Ribs recipe made with SWEEETHEAT Bacon BBQ Brew is the dinner to serve if you want to put a smile on any #1 Dad’s face!
This recipe was crafted with the meat-loving patriarch in mind and features boneless beef short rib braised to peak tenderness in a rich blend of brewed coffee, beef broth, and SWEEETHEAT Bacon BBQ Brew.. Add in potatoes, onions, and peppers to instantly transform this into an easy one-pot meal fit for the whole family.
The best part? We recommend cooking these beef short ribs low and slow in the oven for 3 hours. This means you can enjoy some extra quality with Dad before dinner, while the flavors deepen and your meat gets even more tender.
About SWEEETHEAT BACON BBQ BREW
The superstar of this dish is SWEEETHEAT Bacon BBQ Brew sauce! Made with sweet and smoky notes of coffee, cinnamon, dark brown sugar, and cloves, SWEEETHEAT Bacon BBQ Brew is rich and syrupy with just the right touch of spice. And while it’s an excellent compliment to these beef short ribs, it is also a fantastic addition to your pork, chicken and grilled vegetable dishes.
Try or substitute SWEEETHEAT Bacon BBQ Brew in these other fantastic recipes:
CAST IRON SKILLET BARBEQUE BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIBS
3 hours, 15 minutes
- 6 to 8 Boneless Beef Short Ribs (roughly 3 - 4 pounds)
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Coarse Kosher Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
- 1 Large Onion, Diced
- 2 Red Bell Peppers, Diced
- 2 Large Potatoes, Diced
- 2 Cups Beef Broth
- 1 Cup Brewed Coffee
- 1 Cup SWEEETHEAT Bacon BBQ Brew Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- Green Onion (Optional, for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously season short ribs with kosher salt and pepper, then dredge each short rib in flour. Ensure all sides are lightly coated with the flour.
- In a large cast iron skillet (or dutch oven) heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat.
- Place each short rib in the heated skillet and sear all sides. Approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Each side should have a deep brown char. Once seared, remove from the skillet and transfer to a plate. Set aside.
- Add an additional tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and heat. Add onions, garlic, and peppers to the skillet and saute until fragrant and tender (approximately 3 minutes).
- Deglaze the pan by adding a little beef broth (just enough to cover the bottom), and using a wooden spoon or spatula to ensure no bits of short rib or vegetables are stuck to the bottom of the skillet. Next, add beef broth, coffee, SWEEETHEAT Bacon BBQ Brew sauce, and apple cider vinegar to the pan and stir until well combined.
- Return short ribs to the pan and place heat on medium low until the broth starts to simmer. Once simmering, cover the skillet tightly with aluminum foil, and place in the preheated oven. Cook for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, remove from oven, remove foil and add potatoes to the skillet. Place foil back on top of the skillet and return to the oven for 1 hour. When ready, the short ribs should be fork tender.
- Garnish the finished dish with fresh green onion (optional) before serving.
© 2021 Copyright by Demond Mullen, Owner and founder of SWEEETHEAT Sauces & Rubs