SWEEETHEAT Baked Beans
- 1 package (16 ounces) dried great northern beans
- 4 strips of cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 2 teaspoons onion powder, divided
- 1 cup SWEEETHEAT Bacon BBQ Brew BBQ Sauce
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Rinse and sort beans; soak according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse beans, discarding liquid.
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine beans, bacon, water, onion, 1 teaspoon garlic powder and 1 teaspoon onion powder.
- Cook, covered, on low until beans are tender, 8-10 hours.
- Stir in barbecue sauce, brown sugar, nutmeg, cloves, remaining garlic powder, remaining onion powder.
- Cook, covered, on high until heated through, about 30 minutes.