Northern beans, SWEEETHEAT Spicy Homey Honey, Light brown sugar, Smoked paprika, Ground mustard, Sweet onion, Sea salt, Balsamic vinegar, Water
BBQ BAKED BEANS
SWEEETHEAT BBQ Baked Beans
6 hours, 30 minutes
8 hours, 30 minutes
- 1 lb dry northern beans
- 1/2 cup SWEEETHEAT Spicy Homey
- Honey bbq sauce
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups water
- To cut down on cooking time I soak my beans, according to package directions, a minimum of 6 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pot add beans covered in 4 cups of water.
- Heat a medium pan heat, with oil. Add chopped onions and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender.
- In separate bowl add bbq sauce, onions, brown sugar, paprika, ground mustard and salt. Pour mixture over beans and stir to evenly distribute.
- Place in oven and bake for 2 hours. Beans are finished when they begin to darken and are soft to the touch.
- Top with a splash of reduced balsamic vinegar for an extra boost!
© 2021 Copyright by Demond Mullen, Owner and founder of SWEEETHEAT Sauces & Rubs