SWEEETHEAT Spicy Homey Honey, SWEEETHEAT All Purpose Rub, Sweet Potato, Chicken
Jump to recipe
SWEEETHEAT BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potato
- Shredded Chicken
- SWEEETHEAT Spicy Homey Honey
For the sweet potatoes:
- 4 sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning
Creamy avocado sauce:
- 1 5.3 oz container of plain lowfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 of a ripe avocado
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp SWEEETHEAT All Purpose Rub
To bake the potatoes:
- Line a baking sheet with foil and heat oven to 400°F. Scrub sweet potatoes, dry them, and pierce them with a fork 7-8 times.
- Brush the potatoes with olive oil and season with a little salt and pepper. Place potatoes on the baking sheet and bake for about 1 hour, or until a fork can easily be inserted into the potato and it's soft all the way through. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While the potatoes are baking, combine Spicy Homey Honey into a bowl with the cooked chicken shreds. Stir everything up to evenly coat chicken.
To make the avocado sauce:
- Add all avocado sauce ingredients to the bowl of a food processor. Process until everything is creamy and the avocado is fully broken up.
- Cut a slit into each sweet potato lengthwise and press on the ends to open up the potato a bit. Scoop about 1/2 cup of the BBQ chicken mixture into each sweet potato. Top each stuffed sweet potato with a spoonful of avocado sauce and serve.
© 2021 Copyright by Demond Mullen, Owner and founder of SWEEETHEAT Sauces & Rubs