Ingredients: Whole Chicken, Coke, Olive oil, SWEEETHEAT All Purpose Rub, Bacon, Butter, Ginger, Garlic, Thyme, Sage, Rosemary
- 1 whole chicken
- 12 ounce can of coke
- 3 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon SWEEETHEAT All Purpose Rub (season to taste)
- 2-3 strips of great bacon
- 1 stick of butter softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon SWEEEHEAT All Purpose Rub
- Place the butter, seasonings and herbs in a food processor and blend well.
- Transfer butter mixture in a bowl.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place rack in lower part of oven .
- Rinse chicken inside and out.
- Pat chicken completely dry with paper towels.
- Lift the skin and loosen slightly. Place compound butter underneath skin. Push mixture to get all over the chicken.
- Brush the chicken with olive oil.
- Season chicken liberally inside and outside the cavity with SWEEETHEAT All Purpose Rub
- Open the coke bottle
- Pour out a 3rd of the coke
- Place seasoned chicken onto coke can. Line up the cavity with the top of the can.
- Place 2 strips of bacon unto breast (It gives it flavor and keeps bird moist)
- Transfer the chicken to the oven and roast for about 60-75 minutes until the thickest part of the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
I suggest you stuff the breast with butter mixture before you season the bird.