Jump to recipe
This recipe makes an eggnog that is thick and creamy with the perfect flavor of our Southern BBQ Blend that contains nutmeg, cinnamon and asian 5 spice.
- 6 Large Egg Yolks
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 Teaspoon SWEEETHEAT Southern BBQ Blend
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Ground Cinnamon, for garnishment
- 6 Cinnamon Sticks
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together in a medium bowl until light and creamy.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the cream, milk, Southern BBQ Blend, and salt. Stir often until mixture reaches a bare simmer.
- Add a big spoonful of the hot milk to the egg mixture, whisking together. Repeat, adding a big spoonful at a time, to temper the eggs.
- Once most of the hot milk has been added to the eggs, pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan on the stove.
- Whisk constantly until the mixture reaches about 160 degrees F.
- Remove the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the eggnog into a pitcher or other container and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until chilled. It will thicken as it cools.
- Serve with sprinkle of cinnamon and a cinnamon stick.
© 2021 Copyright by Demond Mullen, Owner and founder of SWEEETHEAT Sauces & Rubs