Jump to recipe
SWEEETHEAT Fish Sandwich
This crispy fish sandwich is nothing but deliciousness. The fish, which is flaky with a crunchy golden brown exterior, is placed on a bun that is spread with a chipotle remoulade and sliced dill pickles. When you make a fish sandwich, make sure you select a good quality fish. We decided to use cod and we are happy we did. This recipe uses our SWEEETHEAT All Purpose Rub to season the chicken and the spread is our SWEEETHEAT Chipotle Remoulade.
SWEEETHEAT Fried Fish Sandwich
- Combine flour, corn starch, baking powder and All Purpose Rub in a bowl. Remove 3/4 cup of flour mixture and place in a shallow pan (this is the dry dredge).
- Add 3/4 cup cold water to the remaining flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Heat the vegetable oil over medium heat to 350 degrees in a Dutch oven or deep pan.
- Cut the cod into 4 pieces; pat dry with paper towels.
- Dip the cod into the dry mixture, shake off excess flour and then dip into batter ensuring it's coated on both sides. Allow the excess batter to drip off the cod. Dip the cod back into the dry mixture to coat.
- Place cod into the hot oil. Cook until the cod its a deep golden brown and the internal temperate reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove the cod from the oil and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Spread 2 tablespoons Chipotle Remoulade over the bottom half of each roll. Top with pickles, crispy cod and the top half of each roll.
© 2021 Copyright by Demond Mullen, Owner and founder of SWEEETHEAT Sauces & Rubs