Ingredients: Toast, SWEEETHEAT Southern BBQ Blend, Half and Half, Vanilla Extract, Egg Yolk
SWEEETHEAT French Toast
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I could have breakfast food for lunch and dinner. Did I say how much I love breakfast food! 🙂
I took one of my all time favorite breakfast foods, french toast, and put a SWEEETHEAT twist on it. This french toast recipes incorporates the use of our Southern BBQ Blend rub, which is a spicy but sweet mix of dark brown sugar, sea salt, paprika, coriander, ancho chili powder, cayenne, cinnamon, pepper, nutmeg and ginger. Try out the recipe and let us know what you think.
Taste the sweeet! Taste the heat!
Sweeetheat French Toast
- 2 slices of bread toasted
- 3/4 cup of half and half
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 tablespoon SWEEETHEAT Southern BBQ Blend
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place bread in a toaster on lowest setting. Toast until bread feels dried out and is light brown.
- Place half and half and 1 tablespoon butter in medium microwave-safe bowl. Heat in microwave until butter is melted and milk is warm, 30 seconds to a minute.
- Add egg yolk, SWEEETHEAT Southern BBQ Blend and vanilla to bowl with dairy mixture and whisk to combine. Transfer mixture to a shallow dish.
- Soak first side of 1 bread slice in dairy mixture until it is wet but not falling apart, 20 seconds. Flip bread and soak second side for 20 seconds. Transfer soaked bread to plate and repeat with remaining bread slice.
- Melt remaining piece of butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Use spatula to transfer bread slices to skillet. Cook until golden on the first side, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip slices and cook until golden on the second size, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer french toast to clean plate
- Serve with maple syrup and/or fresh fruit.