Ingredients: Fish fillets, Eggs, Milk, Beer, SWEEETHEAT Savory Seafood Spice, Fine yellow corn flour
SWEEETHEAT Fried Fish
- 2 pounds of fish fillets
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons SWEEETHEAT Savory Seafood Spice
- 3 cups fine yellow corn flour
- vegetable oil or shortening for deep frying
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, beer and half of the Savory Seafood Spice.
- Cut fish fillets into bite sized pieces, or nuggets.
- Place fish in egg mixture, coating well; cover, refrigerate, and let soak for about 1 hour.
- Mix corn flour with the remaining Savory Seafood Spice in a shallow, wide bowl or pie plate.
- Preheat oil in deep fryer to about 370F degrees.
- Remove fish from mixture and dredge with corn flour mixture.
- Fry fish until the fish nuggets float to the surface and turn golden brown, taking care not to overcook.
- Place fish nuggets on paper towels to drain, patting gently with paper towels to blot up excess oil.