Ingredients: Jalapeno Peppers, Cream Cheese, SWEEETHEAT All Purpose Rub, Eggs, Breadcrumbs
Homemade Breaded Jalapeno Poppers with Cream Cheese
- 12 jalapeno peppers, sliced in half lengthwise, seeds removed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon SWEEETHEAT All Purpose Rub
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- oil for deep frying
- Fill jalapeno pepper halves with cream cheese and press halves back together.
- Combine eggs, water and All Purpose Rub.
- Dip jalapeno peppers into egg mixture and into breadcrumbs.
- Place on a cookie sheet and freeze for 2 hours.
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 370F degrees.
- Deep fry peppers in batches for about 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Transfer jalapeno poppers to paper towels to drain.