Apple juice, SWEEETHEAT Spicy Homey Honey, Powdered fruit pectin, Light brown sugar
Jump to recipe
- 2 cups apple juice
- 2 cups Spicy Homey Honey
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5-1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 7 half pint jars, lids, and rings
- Preheat oven to 200. Place jars, lids and rings on a cookie sheet in the oven, and leave for at least 20 minutes.
- In a large sauce pan combine the apple juice, bbq sauce and pectin over high heat. Stir constantly. When the mixture boils, quickly stir in sugar. Continue stirring until the mixture boils for at least 2 minutes. Check the set every two minutes until the jelly has reached the level you prefer.
- Remove from the heat. Skim off any foam that may have formed on the top of the jelly. Pour the hot jelly into sterilized jars. Be sure to leave a fourth of an inch from the top unfilled.
- Put lids and rings onto the jars, wiping off any jelly that may have gotten on the sides. Seal firmly and invert, lid side down on the counter for one hour. Return to right-side-up and store. Once opened keep refrigerated.
© 2021 Copyright by Demond Mullen, Owner and founder of SWEEETHEAT Sauces & Rubs