SWEEETHEAT ONION RINGS
Save to BigOven
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 large sweet onions, sliced into 1/2-inch rings
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place two baking sheets in the oven and let those preheat too.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together barbecue sauce, eggs and flour.
- Place bread crumbs in a separate bowl.
- Using tongs (or your fingers) dip onion slice in the barbecue sauce mixture, shake the excess off and then dunk on all sides into the bread crumbs. Lay on a cool baking sheet. Repeat until all onion slices have been dunked.
- Remove hot baking sheets from the oven and spray lightly with cooking spray. Move coated onions to hot baking sheets. Spray the coated onions lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake for about 6 minutes, or until golden, then use tongs to turn each onion ring over. Spray the other side of the onions with cooking spray and bake for an additional 5 to 7 minutes. Watch closely to make sure they crumbs are not browning too quickly or burning.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Copyright by Demond Mullen, owner and founder of SWEEETHEAT Sauces - Rubs & Spices